- Elemental yet also classic in character: maritime malty smokiness merges smoothly with a tide of spice-bright sweetness to form a salt-laced monster that is truly “Made by the Sea”.
- Luminous spiced sweetness surges from storm tossed layers from heavily peated stocks, matured in American Oak refill and virgin oak casks.
- First-fill ex-bourbon casks gift layers of flavour; a luminous spiced sweetness bathes storm-tossed notes of smoke and sea in its irresistible glow.
- Best served neat, pour 60ml of Talisker 11YO in a whisky glass and enjoy.
- Talisker 11YO is a unique gift that stands out within the Special Releases collection, and is perfect for get-togethers with friends or family.
As our legend goes, when the tides at Talisker Bay flowed with an unusual force, a luminous creature was drawn from the blackest depths, flooding the deep-sea darkness with its captivating glow. This powerful luminescence was carried on storm-tossed currents to the Talisker distillery, illuminating its new-make spirit. In that spirit too, the vivid luminosity shone, its classic smokiness fading before a radiant tide of spice-bright sweetness rarely seen.
On the shores of Loch Harport, near the western edge of the rugged Isle of Skye, legends easily ring true. Standing apart, its new make spirit cooled by the sea, Talisker has forged its own maritime destiny here since 1830. Sweet, salt-laced, thunderous and smoky, as elemental as land, sea or storm, this is a whisky for the wild at heart, Made by the Sea.
Light shines in every element here. Amid a deep golden glow, salty, smoky hints of a beach bonfire give the mild nose a maritime feel. First fill ex-bourbon casks gift layers of luminous flavour, the texture smoothly oily, the taste sweet and smoky-spicy, salty and fruity, like an orchard in sea mist. Peaty power appears in the chilli-spiced catch of the long finish. This is a legendary Talisker, of ethereal beauty.